Protecting your privacy
FoodByUs (hereinafter referred to as "FoodByUs", "we", "us" or "our") operates a Site or Application and community marketplace that helps people form offline experiences and relationships directly with one another, where they can create, list, discover and order unique food made by passionate Makers in their local community, whether through our website or our mobile applications ("Site or Application").
We are dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and security of the personal information which we collect about our customers and do so in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (including the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s).
What this policy does not cover:
The content that you share with other users is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Information you upload will be posted along with other personal information. You must exercise caution and common sense when submitting and disclosing information. At the very least you should demonstrate the same degree of caution when publishing personal information by means other than the Internet and cellular services.
The information you provide may be shared either directly with the Service and to other users. This information may also be shared via third party services (such as social networks) which interact with the Service.
You can decide whether or not to upload content to the Services, but you should note that certain information is required in order to use the Services. However any content that you submit for posting, may be viewed by all users of the Services and by FoodByUs.
1. OPEN AND TRANSPARENT POLICIES (APP 1)
We have and will continue to take all reasonable steps to implement and maintain practices, procedures and systems to ensure that we comply with all our obligations under the Privacy Act. Do not hesitate to contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this policy or any matters arising from it.
2. ANONYMITY AND PSEUDONYMITY (APP 2)
You may not wish to identify yourself or you may wish to use a pseudonym. Given the nature of our services and the obligations on our members, if you choose to use a pseudonym, it may not be possible for us to provide our full services to you.
3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION (APP 3 & 4)
3.1 PERSONAL INFORMATION (APP 3)
The sort of personal information we collect may include:
· your name, and other contact information, including landline and mobile phone numbers, address, email;
· any other personal information you volunteer which may include age, date of birth, your location, email details, place of birth, nationality, date of arrival in Australia;
· your business information including the address of the business, the address of any manufacturing or food production facility; pricing details and other information necessary to facilitate the provision of the service;
· information shared from your social network accounts;
· when you use certain features of the Site and Application, in particular our mobile applications we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g. IP address, post code) and more specific information (e.g. GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Site or Application or specific features of the Site or Application). If you access the Site or Application through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer's instructions for further details;
· we may receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Application or Site, regardless of whether you are registered with FoodByUs or logged into your FoodByUs account, such as your IP address, the date and time you access or use the Site or Application, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages;
- how you were referred to or came to know about us;
· we may also collect more confidential information including bank account and credit card details (“Confidential Information”). This information is not released unless we have your express consent to do so or it is required for us to provide the services to you;
· our Site or Application may use social plugins which are provided and operated by third-party companies, such as Facebook's Like Button.
As a result of this, you may send to the third-party company the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our Site or Application. If you are not logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may be able to link information about your visit to our Site or Application to your account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social plugin may be recorded by the third party.
3.2 SENSITIVE INFORMATION (APP 4)
We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to carry out the services that we offer to you, and to ensure that we comply with all laws in relation to those services.
If we need to collect Sensitive Information (such as information relating to health, disability, criminal convictions, religious or political affiliation), or Confidential Information we will only do so where it is reasonably necessary to perform our functions and will seek your express written consent in advance. Collection of such Sensitive Information is done in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
For the purposes of these terms, the term “Information” excludes Sensitive Information and Confidential Information.
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION (APP 5)
The Company collects information in a number of ways, including:
(a) when you fill in any form on the Site or Application, such as when you register or update the details of your user account, or when you supply ID verification information;
(b) when you access or use the Site or Application, such as to search for or post Menus, make or accept orders, pay for food, book or pay for any associated services that may be available (such as but not limited to delivery), post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users;
(c) when you link your account on a third party site (e.g. Facebook) to your FoodByUs account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorised by you;
(d) when you communicate with FoodByUs;
(e) information collected and collated from publicly available sources, including search engines, Website or applications, social media, publicly available data bases, third party sources and referees, personal contacts and industry connections;
(g) Cookies (Note you can disable this option on your browser settings , but some parts of the Site or Application may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies):
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain Website or applications. A cookie will allow a Website or application to recognise a user’s device. A cookie will contain the name of internet location (the domain) from which the cookie has come and the lifetime of the cookie (a cookie will usually expire after a certain period of time).
Two types of cookies may be used on our Site or Application:
(i) Session cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site; and
(ii) Persistent cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
- Session cookies
We may use session cookies:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- Persistent cookies
We may use persistent cookies:
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website or application and to monitor your use of our Website or application;
- to allow us to link you to any of our Partners of Affiliates should you come to our Website or application through a paid advert or banner on a Website or application of an Affiliate or Partner;
- to enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of the Site or Application across different webpages and browser sessions;
- to simplify your access to and use of the Site or Application and make it more seamless;
- to monitor and analyse the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Site or Application, so that we can improve and optimise it; and
- to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics, and so Google may also set cookies on your device. As further explained below, third parties may also place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.
Third party cookies
In addition, Facebook places a cookie via the Site or Application that allows Facebook to optimise their services. For example, if a user clicks on an advertisement for the FoodByUs mobile app on Facebook and subsequently installs the app, this cookie will inform Facebook that a user (who is not personally identified) has installed the app after clicking on the advertisement.
Use of web beacons or tracking URLs
Some of our web pages may contain web beacons or tracking URLs which allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are used to track the effectiveness of a particular marketing campaign.
We may use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
(h) User Communications
We may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals review, scan or analyse your communications with other users exchanged via the Site or Application for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Site or Application, you consent that FoodByUs, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals review, scan, analyse, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
5. WHY WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE INFORMATION (APP 6)
5.1 USE OF INFORMATION
We collect and use information for business purposes with respect to our products and services and other business relations involving our customers, including to give access to or improve functionality of our Services. We may use this Information:
· for the primary purpose of providing you with the services that you have requested from us and for other purposes for which you have consented under these terms or in separate communications with us;
· to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Site or Application, FoodByUs's business, and our users' experience, such as to conduct research, personalise or otherwise customise your experience, and for advertising and marketing; use in statistical reports and analysis to be used, sold or licensed to third parties. No identifying details can be contained in such reports;
· to communicate with you with respect to our Services (including updates, notices, announcements, and additional information) and update you on our activities;
· to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Site or Application and Services, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying your address when posting a Menu, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases such as public government databases;
· to maintain and improve the functionality of our Site or Application to provide better service to our visitors and users;
· to improve our services by way of research and develop using third party services;
· to provide you with support and handle requests and complaints, especially to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
· where we have your consent, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about FoodByUs or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications in your settings (in the "Account" section) when you login to your FoodByUs account;
· to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by FoodByUs or our business partners;
· to share your submissions with other users of the Services and to facilitate communication between you, the Company and other users;
· to provide your details to relevant food regulatory authorities and bodies;
- to enforce the Terms of Service;
· to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
· when we are required to provide your personal information to others by law.
5.2 DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
Parts of your public profile page that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Site or Application to other users for marketing purposes or to the extent necessary to operate and manage referral and rewards programs.
Your public profile page will always include some minimum information such as your rating, type of food, city and neighbourhood where you make your food, your Menu description, your food making calendar details, your public profile photo and your responsiveness in replying to Buyers' queries. Your public Menu page may also include aggregated demand information (such as number of page views over a period of time). Parts of your public Menu page may be displayed in other parts of the Site or Application to other users for marketing purposes. The Site or Application may also display your approximate geographic location on a map, such that a user can see the Menus available in a general area.
- providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or
- based on information supplied by law enforcement, we, in our sole discretion, believe: (a) that providing notice could create a risk of injury or death to an individual or group of individuals, (b) that the case involves potential harm to minors, or (c) that harm or fraud could be directed to FoodByUs, its Members, the Site or Application, or Services.
We may also publish, disclose and use information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
Inclusion of Profile in search engines
The Site or Application allows your public profile and public Menu pages to be included in search engines, in which case your public profile and public Menu pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results. This option is enabled by default, and you may opt out of this feature by changing your settings on the Site or Application. If you change your settings or the information on your public profile or public Menu pages, third-party search engines may not update their databases quickly or at all. We do not control the practices of third-party search engines, and they may use caches containing outdated information, including any information indexed by the search engine before you change your settings or the information on your public profile or public Menu pages.
Disclosure during processing of orders
When you submit a request to order from a Menu, limited information will become visible to the Maker. When your request to order from a Menu is accepted by the Maker or when you accept a Buyer's request to order from your Menu, we will disclose further information to the Maker or Buyer in order to facilitate the provision of the service. Your billing and payout information will never be shared with another user.
When a Buyer orders from a Menu or when a Maker sells food to the Buyer, we will ask both to review and rate one another respectively. If you choose to provide a review or rating, your review may be public on the Site or Application.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We may distribute parts of the Site or Application (including your Menu) for display on sites operated by FoodByUs's business partners and affiliates, using technologies such as HTML widgets. If and when your Menu is displayed on a partner's site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
We may also engage third party companies and individuals to provide services to us, including but not limited to delivery and distribution services, administrative support services, technology services and services to help verify your identification, to conduct checks against databases such as public government databases (where legally allowed), to otherwise assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, and to facilitate the payments or reimbursements you request. We may provide Personal Information about you to these third parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. We will ensure that such third parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
5.3 Integration with social networks
You may link your account on a third party social networking site to your FoodByUs account. We refer to a person's contacts on these third party sites as "Friends". When you create this linkage:
· some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your FoodByUs account profile;
· your activities on the Site or Application may be displayed to your Friends on the Site or Application and/or that third party site;
· other FoodByUs users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
· other FoodByUs users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking site(s); and
· the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes.
The publication and display of information that you provide to FoodByUs through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorisations on the Site or Application and the third party site.
Please note that certain information which you have defined as private on your third party social network accounts may become public to other users through the Services if you have defined such information to be public on the Services.
6. DIRECT MARKETING (APP 7)
By accepting our services and using the App, you expressly permit us and the Company group of companies to use your Information for our direct marketing purposes and the purposes expressly set out in this policy. You consent to our use of your Information to issue product and professional mail outs by email, fax, social media or letters and undertaking other marketing or service based activities.
By agreeing to these terms you also agree to allow us to provide, sell, or license your Information to third parties who may have services that could be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive any of these materials, you may opt out at any time.
You can change your mind about receiving materials or information about our products and services at any time by contacting us.
You may opt out of any direct marketing service at any time.
7. CROSS BORDER DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (APP 8)
We may share your personal information within the Company group of companies. We may use new technologies from time to time and personal information may be stored outside Australia. We will not transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country unless we have appropriate protections in place as required by the relevant privacy laws. Your information will be stored on our data base for such period of time as required by law.
8. IDENTIFIERS (APP 9)
We will use our own identifiers and not those assigned by the government unless we are required to do so, or the Australian Privacy Principles or other law legislates us to do so.
9. ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (APP 10)
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please contact us if there is a change in your circumstances that requires an update to be made to our data. Following verification of your identity, we will correct or update your personal information within a reasonable time frame in the manner we describe below.
10. SECURITY OF DATA (APP 11)
How we protect Information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. When information is no longer needed we will destroy or de-identify it.
11. CORRECTION AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION (APP 12)
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your FoodByUs account. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your FoodByUs account entirely, you can do so by logging in to your account. Please also note that any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Site or Application in association with your first name, even after your FoodByUs account is cancelled.
There are some circumstances where we can refuse to give access to Information. These include where giving access to the Information would:
(a) pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of an individual or the public,
(b) have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others; or
(c) be frivolous or vexatious.
The other exceptions are detailed in the Australian Privacy Principles. If we deny access to information, we will give you our reasons for denying access.
12. COMPLAINTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
If you have a concern about how we deal with privacy issues you can contact us for initial review and consideration, or, if still not satisfied, the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Website or application: www.oaic.gov.au
13. PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
14. SPECIAL FEATURES AND PROGRAMS
14.1 Referral service and requesting references
The Site or Application may provide a referral service that allows you to invite your friends and contacts to use the Site or Application. The Site or Application may also allow you to ask your friends and contacts to write a reference for you, to be published on your FoodByUs profile.
We may integrate the Site or Application with third party sites such as Facebook, so that you can send invitation messages or requests for references via the third party site itself. These messages will be sent by the third party site, and FoodByUs does not collect or retain the contact information that is used to send them.
You may also send invitation/request emails via the Site or Application itself, in which case we will ask you for the contact information to which to send your invitation/request. You can type in the email addresses or other contact information manually, or you can choose to import the contacts in your address book(s). In both cases, we may use and store this information for the sole purposes of allowing you to send your friends and contacts an invitation or request for a reference, and for fraud detection and prevention. With respect to referrals, we will also store the email addresses of your invitees to track if your friend joins FoodByUs in response to your referral.
If you request us to import your contacts, we will collect, but not store, the username and password for the email account you wish to import your contacts from. We will use this information only for the purpose of importing your contacts.
14.2 Affiliate Program
If you are allowed to join FoodByUs's Affiliate Program (see http://www.foodbyus.com) and you sign up for it, you will have to provide us with certain Personal Information to enable us to provide the Affiliate Program to you.